TM Medical Custom Hair Therapies
Overview on Hair loss & Treatments
There are many causes of hair fall. Consultation by a doctor is crucial to determine the diagnosis of the cause. It could be acute or chronic, and early consultation recommended for early diagnosis and treatment commencement.
In the past, hair fall is often dismissed as a “natural ageing process”. However, with recent advancement in medical technology and knowledge, we can halt and prevent hair loss with the various treatment available.
Common Causes of Hair Loss
- It is one of the most common causes of hair loss in both men and women.
- Usually with a positive family history
- Bilateral temporal hair thinning in men and vertex thinning in women.
- Common medical conditions that could cause hair loss, such as thyroid disease, iron deficiency, and malnutrition, should be ruled out and treated.
- It causes sudden acute patchy loss of hair.
- The cause is often unknown and is most likely autoimmune.
- It may be a one-time occurrence or repeated.
- Treatment is intralesional steroid injection by a doctor repeated every 3-4 weeks period.
- This condition is also known as a fungal infection of the hair follicle or shaft.
- More common in children.
- Skin scrapings to confirm the diagnosis.
- Treatment is with oral anti-fungal medication.
- Sudden hair falls due to a stress episode such as illness, pregnancy, malnutrition, severe infection.
- This is due to the habit of physically pulling out the hair.
Depending on the cause of hair fall, treatment would vary.
We would recommend consultation with a doctor for your detailed diagnosis. And we will tailor your hair treatments progressively.